My favorite way to eat a hot dog is to smother in sauce and blue cheese. Use your choice of a knockwurst, brat, or hot dog, some blue cheese, and our tasty Ogre Sauce Craft BBQ sauce next time you want to blow your backyard guests away.
- Knockwurst, brat, or large hot dog
- Ogre Sauce, to taste
- Hot dog bun or hoagie roll
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
1. Heat grill to high.
2. Make three diagonal cuts (1-2 inches in length) on top of knockwurst, brat, or hot dog.
3. Place the sausage on the grill with the cut side down and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until slits have swelled and opened.
4. Turn the sausage over and pour Ogre Sauce into openings created from cuts. Cook another 2-3 minutes.
5. Remove from the grill and place in a bun, slit side up.
6. Fill slit crevices with blue cheese crumbles.
7. Pour additional Ogre Sauce along the length of each sausage.
8. Place the bun with meat on the top rack of the grill and toast to desired crispness.